Gosh! I am doing this reading challenge after aeons, Teaser Tuesday hosted by Miz B of Should be Reading. I finally laid my hands on Infidel My Life by Ayaan Hirsi Ali.
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
- Grab your current read
- Open to a random page
- Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
- BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
- Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
1. I am sitting with my grandmother on a grass mat under the talal tree. Behind us is our house, and the branches of the talal tree are all that shields us from the sun blazing down on the white sand.
2. This move is called Qworegoys, and the women of my grandmother’s family taught it to their daughters just as they taught them to make thorn-bush fences to protect the hut from hyenas.
Book: Infidel My Life by Ayaan Hirsi Ali.
PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT
with either the link to your own Teaser Tuesdays
post, or share your ‘teasers’ in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog