Musing Mondays asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!
Books are like people! They are a living experience as there are some people whom we meet and feel the instant connect with. It happens to me with books. Last year, i got a friend Dance of Govinda by Ashok Banker coz I feel that she will love the book. I am dying to make a living experience for the self. Yeah! The cover attracts the soul as we are drawn to it like an enigma. Reading for me is not just about a book but a journey in life as we delve into unchartered territories. It is a world in itself.
I am currently reading The Reluctant Fundamentalist by Mohsin Hamid. I was roaming in the bookshop and Hamid’s book just struck me as I was tempted to grab the book. I walked away from the shelf only to go come back and I grab it. I am happy I did! The Reluctant Fundamentalist is an amazing read and heart-pounding as well as a complete page turner.
The film deals with a young Pakistani who embraces the American culture and falls in love with a local girl. Yes! He drinks alcohol and is well traveled as well as educated. He has a mysterious voice as he takes the readers from Lahore to New York. It is the story of how US betrayed him. Go for The Reluctant Fundamentalist as its zillion times better than a fast-paced thriller and the suspense is kept alive and sustained right from Page one to the pages unfurled.
In response to the Monday Musing challenge by MizB of http://shouldbereading.wordpress.com/2013/08/26/musing-mondays-aug-26/
Hope you like it.
Have a good read