The fantastic Meera nominated me for the Liebster Award. A big shout to Meera and check her amazing blog on http://meeraganesh.wordpress.com. She deserves kudos for such a fab blog where she shares her life with fellow bloggers. I graciously accept the award:)
- Post 11 random facts about yourself.
- Choose 11 deserving bloggers and tag them in your post.
- Tell them you’ve tagged them.
- Answer 11 questions the tagger has asked you and give 11 questions to the people you’ve tagged.
- No tag backs.
By now, you know so many things bout me and will try to answer things about my life. Random facts about me is something quite tricky and complex! Chalo, lemme think and will attempt to answer some of them coz 11 facts is quite an uphill task.
1. In school, teachers would always call my parents and complain that I never the class since would spend the whole day looking outside the window and the roof top.
2. I hate milk and as a child, I would throw milk outside the window and pretend that I am drinking like a good boy.
3. I am a day-dreamer and keep dreaming of being this very famous person.
4. I am the laziest person on earth who keep postponing stuffs.
5. I often runaway from confrontation and it is only recently that I decided to speak out.
6. I am a work alcoholic coz I believe work is worship.
7. I never forgive nor do I forget.
8. I am scared of growing old and freak out when a streak of grey pop up.
9. As a lazy schooler, I would eat pencils and pens and dad would often berate me for that.
10. I was a slow-learner at school and what they call, ‘late-developer’ who was often at the receiving end of people. People were poking fun at me for being, ‘dumb’, read trouble studying and earning good marks. But, I’m happy coz today I belong to the, ‘lambi race ka ghoda.’ 🙂
11. I am an insomniac.
hhehe..quite a bit of perso stuffs, I am sharing here and I am no longer ashamed of the snippets and truth that has been part of my life.
11 deserving bloggers:
I am departing from the Rules of the Game this time and I hope I am forgiven for taking this liberty. The awards are for grabs and it is being given to everybody, including my 90+ followers, people who read and like my stuffs and anybody who visit the blog. Please, bloggers feel free to take the awards:) Including the wonderful Meera who nominated me coz what goes around comes around.
Why did you start blogging?
check it out, already answered https://vishalbheeroo.wordpress.com/2013/05/23/its-raining-awards-an-ode-to-soumya/
What do you like best about blogging?
What vegetable do you like raw but never cooked?
Not very sure! Chalo, I’ll pick potatoes
What is your idea of heaven?
My friends, cutting chai, hot capuccino reading a good book.
What do you like to do for fun?
Reading, coffee, writing, films
Have you ever experienced something negative, then had it evolve into something positive in unexpected ways? Please describe.
Several times. When the going gets tough, a miracle always happens in life to my delight. Never Give up in life. I received unexpected surprises and I am eternally grateful to the wonderful people in my life.
What three things/approaches help you achieve happiness in your day-to-day life?
Friends, human relations and writing.
What is your favorite book?
Rushdie’s Midnight Children, Harry Potter, John Grisham and Paulo Coelho’s series, Five Point Something What Not to do at the Call Centre, Shantaram and the rom-coms by Indian authors, Vikram Seth’s Suitable Boy and many more. The list is endless….
What is the bravest thing you’ve ever done?
Hmm! The best is yet to come. But, I protested against a fool at work who was conspiring against some of my colleagues by speaking to the boss.
Are you punctual or tardy? Be honest.
I try to be since it leaves a good impression and hate being late. What fails me is when I oversleep and miss the bus. My excuse at the workplace: I pretend to curse the bus who is always running late. In general, I reach early in a meeting and expect the person to follow suit. I can blast the person who makes me wait endlessly coz I’m an impatient bugger.
What does your name mean?
According to Sanskrit or Hindi, it’s Vishal of being grand in stature. It also refers to massive ocean.
Thanks a ton Meera:) Congo to all the winners. Keep faith in Life
PS: I have also been nominated by the two wonderful ladies, Tazein and Aditi:) Will take the awards asap and bear with me ladies. Kya kaare o ladies, aadat se majaboor..matlab lazy hoon yaar:)
Sorry Meera for taking a week to respond..adat se majboor.
Good Night and have a fab week rolling.